Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader Monitoring & Compliance / Kaiārahi Rōpū Aroturuki me te Tautukunga
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You'll be welcomed into a team that is collaborative, values input and empowers your development. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it's the perfect place to work.
An exciting new opportunity
Lead a team promoting environmental management and delivering high quality and customer focused monitoring and compliance services. A varied role that will draw on your technical and leadership experience
The scope of the role covers a range of legislation and council bylaws (including activities such as parking, noise, signage and public places) and animal control related activity (including leadership of the animal services centre). It sits within our Policy, Planning & Regulatory Services group and reports to the Manager Monitoring, & Compliance.
You will be responsible for building a customer-focused team improving the delivery of services and expanding our promotional and educational initiatives to increase compliance with legislation and bylaws.
You’ll need to show us that you have:
- proven experience leading a high performing operational team in a regulatory role
- sound knowledge of relevant legislation as well as monitoring, compliance and enforcement activities and procedures
- an interest in working with the community to promote good environmental management
- excellent relationship management skills and a strong desire to work with others to make a difference for our customers
- a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritise workloads and resources
- a curious approach to work, along with the courage to try new ways to do things better
- eligibility to work in New Zealand and possess a current and unrestricted New Zealand driver’s licence.
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
Need more information? Contact James Single on 237 3059 or email James.Single@poriruacity.govt.nz.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Sunday 24 November 2019.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: KIAM94615
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019