Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Resource Planner Parks / Kaihanga Mahere Rawa (Ngā Pāka)
Porirua is a dynamic city experiencing a massive phase of growth. There are many exciting projects in the pipeline and we are looking for a dynamic person to join our Parks Resource Planning team. You will be able to jump in and work with our development community to ensure that our future open spaces meet the required outcomes for Porirua City. To be successful in the role you need to show us you can:
- Review and provide expert advice on resource consents
- Work with developers to ensure that the open space needs of the City are provided for in new development areas
- Prepare development agreements for future open spaces
- Assess and prepare resource consent applications for Parks projects
- Establish and maintain working relationships across the business and provide advice and guidance on relevant expert matters
We are seeking someone to share our passion for our open spaces to ensure that the effects on reserves from development are mitigated appropriately and someone can contribute to the management of open spaces and reserve planning. You must have experience with subdivision processes and knowledge of the Reserves Act would also be an advantage. You’ll need to show us that you have:
- Three to five years’ experience in planning, parks and recreation management or resource management
- Experience with large subdivision processes and knowledge of the Reserves Act
- Eligibility for membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute
- Experience with subdivision consents and an understanding of easements
- Excellent research and report writing skills
- A full NZ drivers licence
All about Porirua City
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You’ll be welcomed into a team that’s collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it’s the perfect place to work.
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
What you need to do now
Come and join our team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Matt Hoffman on 04 237 3854 for more information. Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Sunday 01 November 2020.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: IJAJ04725
Closing Date: Sunday, 1 November 2020