Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Pātaka Public Programmes & Events Coordinator / Kai-ruruku Takunetanga Tūmatanui
Pātaka is a vibrant local government museum and art gallery located in Porirua. As well as showcasing the best in Māori, Pacific, & contemporary New Zealand arts, we also aspire to enhance the wellbeing of the people and communities of Porirua through the arts.
All about the job
This fun and challenging role will embrace your strong organisation skills with your passion for creativity and events management. You’ll need flexibility to work some weekend and evening hours scheduled around events.
In this role you’ll:
- work with the curatorial team to deliver engaging public programmes
- engage with internal and external customers to organise venue hire and facility bookings.
- coordinate and deliver Museum and Gallery exhibition openings and cultural events for Pātaka.
- coordinate events, activities, programmes and tours associated with various permanent and temporary exhibitions.
- work with the Front of House team and other staff to ensure that all venue spaces are set up packed down
You’ll need to show us that you:
- have some experience in event coordination and public programmes
- can work independently and take initiative with projects
- have an understanding and knowledge of Māori, Pacific, New Zealand art and cultures
- have excellent practical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- are a strong administrator and/or project coordinator
- have some good negotiation skills
- are organised in all that you do
What you need to do now
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
Come and join our team and be part of our vibrant Museum, and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Natalie Still on 04 237 1511 for more information.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Monday 15 August 2022.