Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Parks & City Serviceperson / Kaituku Ratonga (Tautiaki)
Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You’ll be part of a team that’s collaborative, values your input and empowers your development. We need a reliable and dedicated person to assist with keeping our assets around the city well maintained.
As our Serviceperson Maintenance, you’ll be a specialist member of the team and will be responsible for:
- providing leadership to, and assisting with the delivery of the diverse and specialist work programme.
- graffiti management, playground repairs, carpentry work, asset repair and maintenance
- supporting and assisting the Team Leader in providing day-to-day supervision of the City Services Maintenance team (4 FTE)
- ensuring that routine maintenance, cleaning and remedial work is done within timeframes, to maintain Council assets to a high standard.
- stepping up, by thinking outside the box with the work you do, looking for new ways to do things that results in making Porirua look that little bit more special
All about you
It would be fabulous if you have experience in an active role doing general labouring work and you’ll need to show us that you:
- have some experience in carrying out carpentry work to a good standard
- enjoy working outdoors and bring a smart safety approach to your work
- have a current driver’s licence
- enjoy working in a supportive team as well as on your own and can demonstrate using your initiative.
All about Porirua City
Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You’ll be welcomed into a team that’s collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour, beaches and bush are at your doorstep; it’s the perfect place to work.
To find out more about working for our city Watch this video
What you need to do now
Come and join our Parks and City Services Team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Charmaine Berkland, on 237 3832 for more information.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Sunday 21 August 2022.