Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operations Engineer Assistant – Transport / Kaiāwhina Kaimātai Pūhanga – Ikiiki
Porirua’s changing. Thanks to new housing developments, large scale regeneration projects and new transport links, it’s rapidly growing into a diverse, well-connected city with big opportunities.
With all that in mind, Porirua City Council is rejuvenating and expanding to prepare for its future growth and continue to develop a resilient, liveable city for our future generations. Our Transport team is at the heart of the city’s growth so it makes this an exciting time to join us.
We’d like to hear from applicants with a qualification or equivalent experience in civil engineering. Ideally, we’re looking for someone who loves to learn as this is a role that will give you the opportunity to grow. You’ll be self-driven, display a highly professional demeanour and be an excellent communicator. In return, you’ll work at the centre of a proactive and innovative council that is focused on making a difference in the community. Your responsibilities will include:
- providing assistance to our Maintenance and Operations Engineers with contracts for roading maintenance and roading projects
- assist with maintaining our Road Assessment and Maintenance Management (RAMM) system and GIS
- oversee contractor work practices and ensure compliance with the H&S at Work Act.
To be successful in this role you will need to show us you:
- have relevant qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent experience
- have excellent communication skills to build great relationships
- can pick up new systems easily and have experience working with the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Excel
- display initiative and are self-driven
- have an unrestricted New Zealand Driver’s Licence.
Porirua City is a growing city at the heart of the Wellington region. We’ve got an incredibly diverse community, a wide range of businesses and a beautiful natural environment that we love and want to share. To find out more about working for us Watch this video
If you require further information, please call Johannes Ferreira on 237 1426. Applications close Wednesday 03 March 2021.