Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Gardener / Cemetery Technician / Kaihangarau Urupā
You will be part of the team that maintains and develops Porirua City Council Cemeteries and the Crematorium. This role will have you working in a close team environment as part of the wider Parks and City services team. Full training on the job will be available to the right person, customer focus and emotional sensitivity is key to this role.
We are looking for someone who is willing to learn and give anything a go. You’ll need to show us that you:
- are physically fit to undertake this role
- have experience with small tools and machinery
- have a clean Class 1 driver’s licence, with wheels and tracks endorsement is advantageous
- are available to work after 4pm on weekdays and some Saturday mornings if required
- have experience in gardening and it would be nice if you have horticultural qualifications and/or Machinery experience
You will be responsible for:
- identifying and preparing burial plots
- attending and providing assistance with services as required
- maintaining and developing all gardens and turf areas to a high standard
- providing assistance to family members and funeral directors in a mature and sensitive manner
- operating in a manner that adheres to our health and safety policy and practices
Come and join our Parks and City Services Team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Daniel Chrisp on 021584151 for more information.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Tuesday 16 August 2022.