Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Financial Systems Accountant / Kaikaute Pūnaha Pūtea
Porirua City is on the move. Our city is growing. Thanks to vast new developments, transport links, and massive infrastructure upgrades, Porirua is a diverse, well-connected city with big opportunities. Growing and developing into its bright future, we need skilled people like you to help make it all happen.
All about the job
This dynamic and challenging role will see you partnering with the wider Finance team to optimise systems and business processes while maintaining system and data integrity. As the expert on our finance system, you will also play a key role in projects and upgrades.
You will be responsible for:
- leading the finance team and organisation in resolving system issues and improving functionality
- being the finance representative for software upgrade projects and new implementations
- assisting with the development of business reporting requirements
- ensuring systems are reconciled and data integrity is maintained
- evaluating current system processes and undertaking continuous improvement projects
- ensuring comprehensive business requirements are documented, test plans are written, and testing is conducted prior to new systems changes being implemented.
All about you
It would be fabulous if you have experience working with cloud based financial applications and have a passion for Porirua City. This is the role that will give you a diverse range of work and opportunity to optimise our financial system.
You’ll need to show us that you:
- can engage with our business with a customer-focused approach
- are curious, and work to understand the root cause of a financial system problem,
- can bring solutions that will improve the system to meet the needs of the business
- Have a a generalist financial background or be a business systems analyst
- can understand financial reports and develop or design these based on user requirements
- have a thorough and detailed approach
Experience the good life at Porirua City
Porirua City Council is rejuvenating and expanding to prepare for its future growth and continue to develop a resilient, liveable city for our future generations.
What you need to do now
Come and join our dynamic Finance team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Alan Rust, Manager Finance Systems at Alan.Rust@poriruacity.govt.nz.
Applications must be received via our Careers Portal by Tuesday 16 August 2022.