Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Executive Assistant to General Manager Policy, Planning & Regulatory Services (fixed term)
Executive Assistant to General Manager Policy, Planning & Regulatory Service
Kaiāwhina Matua a te Pouwhakahere Whakamahere Kaupapahere me ngā Ratonga ā-Ture
Porirua City is a growing city at the heart of the Wellington region. We’ve got an incredibly diverse community, a wide range of businesses and a beautiful natural environment that we love and want to share.
We’re looking for a dynamic and determined organiser for the role of Executive Assistant for our General Manager of Policy, Planning & Regulatory Services (PPRS). This busy role needs someone with high energy who leads with initiative, is efficient under pressure and can get through a large volume of work in a calm and confident manner. The role is fixed term for a period of 13 months to cover an employee on parental leave.
We’d like to hear from applicants with extensive secretariat experience at senior manager level. Ideally, we’re looking for someone with a minimum of five years’ experience working in a busy executive assistant position who is skilled in relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders. You will relish in variety, be deadline driven, display a highly professional demeanour and be an excellent writer and communicator.
It’s a big role and not for the faint hearted! In return you’ll work at the centre of a proactive and innovative council that is focused on making a difference in the community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing high-level support to your General Manager and the wider Policy, Planning & Regulatory Services team
- Managing the General Manager’s schedule, including prioritising and organising events and meetings and compiling briefing material on a daily basis
- Preparing and reviewing communication and correspondence for the General Manager to a high standard of accuracy and quality
- Researching and preparing report and presentations for the General Manager
- Providing excellent customer service to visitors and callers
- Establish and maintain effective systems for document management and provide exceptional administrative assistance with documents, presentation material and project coordination
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
If you need more information, please call Becky Carr on 04 237 1451. Applications close Wednesday 15 July 2020.
Fixed Term Full Time
Job no: FZBK04699
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15 July 2020