Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Corridor Access Officer / Kaiārahi Urunga Aranui
Porirua City is on the move. Our city is growing. Thanks to vast new developments, transport links and massive infrastructure upgrades, Porirua is a diverse, well-connected city with big opportunities. Growing and developing into its bright future, we need skilled people like you to help make it all happen.
All about the job
This role is all about keeping our roads safe through ensuring compliance for work undertaken on Council roads.
In this role you will:
- support the Corridor Access Manager and team with day-to-day work activities ensuring works are completed on time
- audit Temporary Traffic Management and works reinstated by stakeholders and contractors
- coordinate roading reinstatements, compaction testing, vehicle crossings, permits (50Max, HPMV, Overweight)
- responsible for inspections and TTM Auditing of work of roading maintenance contractors and other contractors working on the Porirua roading network
- Checking Vehicle Crossing construction administration, permit, and CAR & TMP requirements.
- work on a range of tasks related to Corridor Access Request (CAR) applications
All about you
It would be fabulous if you have a Site Traffic Management Supervisor Level 1 Non Practicing Qualification (or similar) and have a passion for Porirua City. This role will give you a diverse range of daily activities
You’ll need to show us that you:
- experience working in Traffic Management or road construction
- hold, or be willing to get, a Temporary Traffic Management Auditing certification
- be technology savvy.
- enjoy working outdoors
- have good problem solving skills
- have a current NZ driver’s licence
What you need to do now
If you are ready to take a step up and work in a welcoming and engaging environment then come and join our transforming Transport Team.
Please contact Peter Chapman on 04 2371436 for more information.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Monday 15 August 2022.