Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Building Assurance Officer (Plumbing & Drainage Inspections)
Porirua’s changing. Thanks to new housing developments, large scale regeneration projects and new transport links, it’s rapidly growing into a diverse, well-connected city with big opportunities.
Porirua City Council is rejuvenating and expanding to prepare for its future growth and continue to develop a resilient, liveable city for future generations. One thing we know for sure, the Building Assurance team is directly impacted by our city’s growth.
This is a fabulous opportunity for either an experienced building officer seeking a new working environment or for someone involved in the plumbing and drainage industry who is energetic, eager to learn and seeking a new challenge.
As our Building Assurance Officer (Plumbing & Drainage Inspections) you will be required to:
- Deliver high quality and professional plumbing & drainage inspections as part of the building consent process
- Provide a customer focused service to our customers across a broad range of building regulatory matters
- Deliver required statutory duties in accordance with the requirements of the Building Act 2004
- Actively participate in business improvements, team decision making and provide technical support to peers and leadership team
You will be a part of a supportive and positive team with the ability to be responsible for your own day to day duties.
All about you
You’ll need to show us that you:
- have an understanding of the building industry as it relates to plumbing & drainage and legislation framework (Building Act, Building Regulations, Standards)
be positive and engaged
have high attention to detail and excellent general administration skills
have a New Zealand driver’s licence
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
If you need more information please call Daniel Heather on 237 1617. Applications close on Sunday 17 November 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: JXAH94611
Closing Date: Sunday, 17 November 2019