Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Exhibitions Officer / Kaiwhakarite Whakaaturanga
All about the job
Pātaka Art + Museum is a vibrant dynamic and innovative Local Government Museum located in the CBD of Porirua. The Museum specialises in Maori and Pacific art and is renowned for its cutting-edge Contemporary Art exhibitions.
As our Exhibitions Officer you will provide on the ground coordination and management of exhibition installations across the galleries. In this role you will:
- Provide support to the Curatorial team to plan and design exhibitions and develop elevated layout plans for exhibition installation.
- Plan and schedule exhibition installs, de-installs and related services and operations for Pātaka
- Physically install exhibitions at Pātaka
- Maintain exhibitions while they are on public display.
- Provide support to the Collections team to plan and implement long term storage for and access to the Collections
- Dismantle exhibition furniture and props and pack for storage
- Proactively monitor and assess health & safety matters relating to security, risk management, display techniques and safe art handling practices
- Conduct safety induction for workshop for internal and external operators.
All about you
You’ll need to show us that you:
- have significant knowledge and experience in museum-standard exhibition installation practices
- have proven ability to critically assess different art and museological modes of exhibition presentation to create informative, aesthetically refined and user-friendly visitor experiences within our gallery spaces
- have basic carpentry skills
- have technical and AV experience
- are skilled at exhibition display techniques
- have a strong appreciation for diverse art and cultural practices
All about Porirua City
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You’ll be welcomed into a team that’s collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it’s the perfect place to work.
What you need to do now
Come and join our team and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Laureen Sadlier on (04) 237 1531 for more information. Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Thursday 02 December 2021.