Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Building Control – Building Assurance Officer / Kaiārahi Whakaū Hanga Whare
Porirua’s changing. Thanks to new housing developments, large scale regeneration projects and new transport links, it’s rapidly growing into a diverse, well-connected city with big opportunities. One thing we know for sure, is that the building control function is central to our city’s growth, with the Building Assurance team dedicated to ensuring it is done well.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who is passionate about the building sector. You may be experienced in processing building consents keen to share your wisdom (with Senior opportunities available) or someone energetic to learn and embark on a career in building control with a degree in Building Science (or similar).
Our salary packages are competitive and combine this with a great team environment and the ease and added benefits of working in Porirua City you will not regret the move.
As our Building Assurance Officer, you will be involved in duties such as:
- Processing building consents and other building related applications to ensure approved applications are in accordance with the Building Act 2004.
- Providing a customer-orientated service, communicating professionally, promptly, and providing technically accurate information to our customers.
- Establish good working relationships and add value to a close-knit team.
All about you
You’ll need to show us that you:
- have a good understanding of the building legislation framework
- understand the principles of building design and construction techniques
- can work independently and make well-considered decisions
- can actively participate and share learnings to the benefit of the team
- have or are working toward a regulation 18 qualification
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
If you need
more information please call Leonie McPhail, Manager Building Assurance on 237
1464. Applications close on Tuesday 07 December 2021.